Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm starting to say goodbye. Here's an email from work.

FROM: Linda Myers
SUBJECT: Last blood drive for me

Good morning.

In three minutes I leave my cube and spend 45 minutes in the Bloodmobile in our parking lot. I've been doing this for a few years now. It was scary the first time, and I still don't look at the needle or the blood. But over the years I've had family and friends who've needed transfusions, and it feels good to know I've helped out other people's family and friends in my small act of altruism.

There are still a few openings this morning. If you've been on the fence about giving blood, maybe today's the time to jump off and pay a visit to the Bloodmobile.

Today is the last day I'll walk to the parking lot. Take my place for next time, please.

Linda Myers

And one response:

I gave for the first time and read my book so it was ok. I guess next time I will think of you and know I am taking your place.

Debbie Johnson

2 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

There just seem to be so many "lasts" with change, huh? That was a really cool way to go out on THIS particular subject! nice!!

Tabitha Bird said...

I like this. Good for you :)