Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I took my last sick leave day yesterday. In my absence, at a scheduled companywide meeting, I got paid tribute to by my director. Apparently my face was on a big screen for five or ten minutes. I'm so glad I wasn't there! I did get a printout of the tribute, which I'll keep. And a lovely glass Mikasa vase with an inscription: To Linda Myers/For 20 Years of Service to Children/WSIPC 1990 - 2010.

Today was the small lunch I'd requested - 13 colleagues, me and Art at The Tin Fish. Two cards with lots of signatures, a gift card to Amazon for Kindle downloads, cash collected from my department.

I work all day tomorrow and half a day on Friday. Then I'm done. Done!








2 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Glad to meet you, Northwesterner! And welcome to retirement.

Teresa Evangeline said...

Wow! It's finally here! I'm excited and happy for you. Congratulations!