Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I turned in my resignation at work today.

May 4, 2010

Dear Mr. Daybell:

I am writing this letter to inform you of my separation from service from WSIPC. My last day of work will be June 25, 2010.

I have enjoyed working with and learning from my colleagues for the past twenty years, and I'm proud to have served our client community. I am ready to move on to the next phase of my life.

I will be working with my teammates and department management for the next seven weeks to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Sincerely,

Linda Granholm Myers

I am so ready!

I talked to my stepdaughter Melissa this afternoon. She and her husband Scott will be coming to visit family over Labor Day. I told her they are welcome to stay with us, as usual. And that Art and I will be available for activities during the day, since we'll both be retired.

And tonight, I ordered two tickets to a play called "The Thin Place" - a world premiere of a play written by a Seattle playwright, about Seattle people. The theatre is small and there's no such thing as a bad seat. I bought the cheapest ones, in deference to my Bag Lady.

Life is good.






3 comments:

#1Nana said...

The next few weeks will fly by and then everything will come to a standstill. I'm envious that you have live theater so close to where you live. It's one of my favorite things to do. Congratulations on taking the big step toward retirement.

Teresa Evangeline said...

Congratulations! How exciting! So much to look forward to. The play sounds nice. I haven't been to one in...quite awhile.

Ms Sparrow said...

Wow, nicely written letter! When I retired, I never thought to do a formal letter. I had announced my retirement date a year previous however. I felt that being a "lame duck" employee would give me job security when the company was down-sizing. Good luck to you!