Thursday, March 4, 2010

I may be going berserk. I've now got ten trips planned in the next 15 months.

None of them are longer than two weeks, and some are as short as four days. Maui, San Antonio, Disneyland, Alaska, Maine, Whistler, Utah, the Big Island, the Badlands, and Italy. We are not luxury travelers or souvenir junkies. We're not foodies or drinkers. We like to see new things, spend time with family and friends, read, and walk. All our upcoming trips will have some of that.

As each of these trips came up, I realized I wasn't having to look at my work calendar to see if I had enough vacation days on the books. There's no work calendar!

Ten years ago I planned only one trip in advance. Five years ago it was up to two in advance. The last couple of years it's been four or five in advance. But never ten.

I don't think I'm really going berserk. I've never had so much time to call my own, and I wonder if I'm overdoing it.

Because my Bag Lady is muttering in the corner.

No comments: